Kelly joined the Money Matters team in 2006. Her role at Money Matters is to provide technical support to Dr Rodger Spiller to contribute to his clients receiving the highest standard of financial planning expertise, care and attention.
Having completed a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Wollongong, Kelly worked in the banking industry for a number of years before becoming involved in the personal investment sector.
While working as a financial planner at an independent financial planning firm in southern Sydney, she completed the Diploma of Financial Planning and the Certified Financial Planner Education Program through the Financial Planning Association.
Kelly’s financial planning experience includes several years in Australia interviewing prospective clients, preparing financial plans and conducting client reviews.
She has also held the position of Compliance Auditor with a large Australian financial planning group. This involved her in:
- Conducting on-site compliance inspections of financial advisers;
- Assessing advisers compliance with Corporations Law and company policies;
- Training advisers in compliance requirements and procedures;
- Investigating complaints against advisers and recommending how to resolve them; and
- Maintaining the compliance audit section of the company intranet.
Kelly’s experience of the Australian financial planning environment provides a unique dimension to her role at Money Matters, given the Money Matters focus on the highest standards of ethics and service.